Writing speeches is a very important activity in the learning process. However, some students usually face many difficulties when it comes to writing. One major difficulty encountered in this process is poor writing skills. Some students are not able to generate sound ideas to compose their speeches.
What’s more, they find it difficult to connect their ideas to the thesis statement. This leads to a paper that is confusing to the reader. Other students do not have a proper understanding of English. Their compositions are always riddled with grammatical and spelling errors.
A previous failure in a writing activity can also lead to performance anxiety in future papers. It is prudent to undertake constant writing practice to boost your skill and confidence to overcome this fear.
A variety of students cannot naturally use literary techniques such as idioms, phrasal verbs, and idiomatic expressions. This significantly lowers the quality of their papers.
One occasion in which a speech can be delivered is during college graduation. You can give a congratulation graduation speech to a student who has been awarded a distinction.
The Process of Writing Congratulation Speeches
Writing congratulation speeches is not very hard. With the right tips and proper training, you will be able to write a memorable speech that intrigues your audience.
First, you need to know when writing congratulation cards is appropriate. Everybody loves to be noticed, and their achievements acknowledged. This act has the potential to bolster both professional and personal relationships. For this reason, some of the key occasions in which a congratulatory letter can be sent are as listed below:
- Personal, e.g., engagements, weddings, childbirth/adoption of a child, religious rites, graduations, new home, college acceptance
- Professional, e.g., award, promotion, retirement, landing a new client or contract, new title, launching a business.
One thing to note about congratulations messages is that they should be sent as soon as possible. A properly-timed congratulation boosts the excitement the person is already experiencing. A belated message is likely to mismatch the person’s situation, thus failing to achieve the desired effect.
Who Should I Send a Congratulation Message To?
Most of the time, people normally think of congratulations as an act undertaken by more powerful or older individuals to people of a lower rank. For instance, the boss might congratulate a subordinate for outstanding performance in the job, or a parent giving congratulations to his/her child for completing a course and graduating.
However, congratulations can go upwards and downwards along the social ladder. A child might draft a congratulatory message in celebration of the parents’ wedding anniversary. Likewise, an employee can congratulate the general manager for receiving a promotion.
Furthermore, you should also give congratulations to your rivals/competitors. It is rather apparent that these days, ’ people have lost the essence of having competitors whom you desire to defeat, but also have a great amount of admiration and respect. Be humble to acknowledge your rivals’ achievement- then let these accomplishments be an inspiration that can take you to greater heights.
How to Structure a Congratulation Speech
The following are some general guidelines on how to structure a congratulation speech:
- Begin by offering a salutation. Say congratulations!
- Next, give details on how you received the information on their milestone/accomplishment, if applicable.
- If necessary, give reference to how far the individual has come to get to the present situation. In case the difficulties the person experienced were embarrassing or self-inflicted, it is better to skip this step, or refer to it subtly. For instance, do not say, “It is very hard to believe that just a year and a half ago you were a drug addict.”
- Reflect on the individual’s strong attributes that have facilitated the accomplishment/milestone, and that will continue to attract success in their new undertaking.
- Show your faith and confidence in them, in addition to your support
- Emphasize your congratulations then complete the card with a warm sign-off.
Drafting Congratulation Speech for Wedding Ceremonies
Congratulating a newly married couple is a very important gesture that voices out your wedding wish to them. The following are some examples of messages you can draft in your congratulation speech for wedding ceremonies.
- “Of all the major life events we have celebrated together over time, today’s tops the list. Congratulations!”
- “It is such a great honor to witness you exchanging vows and be amongst those wishing you a joyful beginning. Congrats!”
- “May the love & joy you feel shine today throughout the years. Congrats on your wedding!”
How to Write Congratulation Speech for Graduates
While writing congratulation speech for graduates, acknowledge their achievements in their education by emphasizing the hard work they have put into their studies. You can as well send well wishes for success in future endeavors as they enter the career world. A few examples are as follows:
- “You faced the challenge with strength, determination, and sheer confidence! Congratulations!
- “You have done us proud through graduating with a distinction. Congratulations dear!”
Composing a Congratulation Speech for Promotion
A congratulation speech for promotion can either be addressed to a colleague or when giving congratulations to a friend on attaining a new job. A simple message summarizing this joyous moment in their life can greatly help in cheering them on.
- “Tons of congratulations, as well as jubilation, are definitely in order. May you keep winning on your new job!”
- “Congrats on your promotion! Wishing you all the best for a better tomorrow! You completely deserved it!”
Need Assistance? Use Our Service
For these and more, make a visit to draftify whereby you will find immaculate writers with lots of experience in drafting various kinds of papers. Their writers are highly experienced and deliver papers right on time.